Monday, September 24, 2012

A few things I've learned since becoming a mommy...

My little one turned eight months old today! These past eight months have flown by, despite there being many nights that I thought would never end. I thought I'd share a few things I've learned in the past few months. Obviously, these things are all my experiences, and I'm fully aware that not everyone has similar experiences :)

* Labor is nothing compared to recovery. Maybe it had something to do with the size of my babe, but no one prepared me for the whole recovery process.

* Being a nanny/full-time sitter is nothing like being a parent. Trust me, it's not. It's amazing how you know exactly what to do with other people's kids, but when you have your own, you're suddenly clueless. Not to mention, there are no off hours when you are a mom.

* Reflux babies are completely different.

* I can take a shower and get ready in lightening speed these days, but it takes considerably more time to get household chores done.

* Aden + Anais blankets are amazing. Seriously. I don't know how I would function without them.

* Becoming a mom has made me more sure than ever of my calling in life.

* I used to want three or four kids. Now I find myself trying to figure out how to fit the maximum number of car seats into our minivan.

* Unfortunatley, several people that I hoped would be there to help me as a mom have failed me in that area. But, there have also been a lot of people that I've grown closer to through the "mommy bond."

* Older people generally don't consider you to be a valid parent unless you have at least three kids.

* You get LOTS of advice. Most of it is bad.

* Eight hours of sleep a night? Yeah, right!

* Watching your baby accomplish new things gives you indescribable joy!

* Seeing my girl light up when I walk in the room makes it all worth it.

It's been a fun eight months, challenging- but fun! I can't imagine life without my little love, and can't wait to watch her go through the upcoming stages!





No comments:

Post a Comment